Beijing and Yangtze River Tour
- Summary: Beijing is the capital of China with rich culture and sites to be explored. Yangtze River has been the mother river of Chinese nation for thousand years. Enjoy the mighty Yangtze River scenery along with the historical ancient capital.
- Destinations: Beijing-Chongqing-Yangtze River-Yichang-Beijing
- Duration: 8 Days
- Price from: US$ 1499
Get a quick reply within 24 hours!
Day 1 Arrive Beijing
On arrival in Beijing, China's capital, you will be greeted by our local English speaking tour guidre at the airport and transferred to your hotel. The rest of day is free for you to have some rest or wander around the hotel.
Day 2 Beijing Royal life exploration to Forbidden City, Hutong Rickshaw ride with local family visit
In the morning, visit Ti’ananmen Square. Explore the imposing Forbidden City, where emperors ruled for 500 years. After lunch, explore the narrow and clean Hutongs by taking a rickshaw in Xicheng District. Weave your way through Beijing's ancient, interwoven hutong alleys. Take a family visit in the Hutong to have a glance at the life of the local people. If you like, we could arrange a lunch with the local family where you can taste the most authentic Beijing cuisine or even learn to make dumplings by yourself!
Day 3 Beijing: Great Wall adventure with Temple of Heaven
This morning, you will be led to the vast Temple of Heaven, a venue for ancient emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties to pray for good harvest and worship heaven. It is a historical park filled with religious buildings where locals gather to dance, sing, play chess, or amble around. Then, transferred to Mutianyu Great Wall built to protect China's heartland from invaders about 2 hours driving and take the round-way cable car to admire the magnificent view of the snaking Wall.
Day 4 Depart Beijing and board the Yangtze cruise
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport and fly to Chongqing. On arrival in Chongqing, you will be picked up to have a famous hotpot lunch. Then, visit Ciqikou Old Town which has over one thousand years' history. Free dinner at your own before transferred to the Yangtze cruise.
Day 5 Yangtze cruise with day excursion to the Fengdu Ghost City
After breakfast, visit the Fengdu Ghost City, hanging in the mist. It is offering an interesting place to take some photos. In the evening, the ship's crew will give you a formal welcome banquet and an optional party with great food and drink.
Day 6 Yangtze Cruise with mighty three gorges
Cruise through Qutang Gorge which is the shortest and narrowest of the Three Gorges, and onwards is the misty cliffs of Wu (the Witches’) Gorge. Then, take a scenic excursion by small boat along the picturesque Shennong Stream. Optional tour to the temple of White Emperor City at RMB260/person.
Day 7 Arrive in Yichang and fly to Beijing, enjoy the magnificent Three Gorges Dam
In the morning, see the Three Gorges Dam, the largest and most notorious hydroelectric power station in the world. Disembark at Yichang, our guide and driver will pick you up at the pier, transfer you to Yichang airport and fly to Beijing. Transfer to the hotel after arriving in Beijing.
Day 8 Depart Beijing
Transfer to the airport for the flight home or your next destination and see you off.
* Hotel Accommodation: All accommodations, based on double-occupancy and including breakfast, service charge, and government tax
* Entrance Fees: All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary.
* Meals: All meals as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water
* Private Transfers: Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing, by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above). And in-transport refreshments
* Guide: Professional English speaking guide service or other specified language at extra costs
* Domestic flights& related taxes: flights from Beijing to Chongqing and Yichang to Beijing.
* Yangtze cruise ticket: cruise ticket based on twin share, including full board meals