Impression Western China Tour
- Summary: This tour includes three cities in the western part of China, Xi’an, Lhasa and Chengdu which are the major cities with high historical and political importance as well as the stunning natural scenery.
- Destinations: Xi'an-Lhasa-Chengdu
- Duration: 8 Days
- Price from: US$ 1099
Get a quick reply within 24 hours!
Day 1 Arriving Xian
After arriving in Xi’an, you will be greeted by our local tour guide and transferred to the hotel. The rest of the day is at your own to have some rest or stroll around.
Day 2 Xi’an
In the morning, visit the magnificent archaeological discovery, The Terracotta Warriors. Then you will be transferred back to town and visit the Ancient City Wall and the Muslim Quarter which is the main living hood of the Muslims in Xi’an where you can find all kinds of local foods, souvenirs, etc.
Day 3 Xi’an to Lhasa
Morning tour to Shaanxi Provincial Museum demonstrates paintings, bronzes, handcrafts, cloisonné, ancient coins and so on which show you a brief view of the history of this ancient capital. Then drive to the airport and take a flight to Lhasa. You will greeting by our local tour guide in Lhasa and transferred to hotel. For the rest of day, we suggest you to have some rest and avoid too hard exercise.
Day 4 Lhasa
In the morning, you will be escorted to visit the holy Potala Palace which is home and the political center of Dalai Lamas. Then continue to Sera Monastery, one of the largest monasteries in Tibet. And then, visit Norbulingka which is the summer palace of the Tibetan Dalai Lamas.
Day 5 Lhasa
Today, you will have an escorted tour to the Jokhang Temple which is considered the spiritual center of Tibet. Then continue to Drepung Monastery. In the afternoon, visit a Tibetan Clinic to see the Tibetan medicines and the famous shopping street Barkhor Street.
Day 6 Lhasa to Chengdu
Take morning flight to Chengdu. Visit the Panda Breeding and Research Center to see the lovely pandas which are considered China's national treasure. Where you can see how pandas are breeding and the daily livings. Other endangered animals like red pandas, swans are well preserved here. After the tour, leaving for the airport and see you off.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation programe which allow you to hold a panda by donating RMB2000 (for your reference). Maximum 40 persons are allowed per day. If you want to hold the panda, please tell us and we will make reservation for you at least one day in advance. The programe is subjected to the availability of the pandas on that day. Please bring RMB cash as they don’t accept credit card or other kinds of payment.
Day 7 Chengdu
Today, drive to Leshan about 2 hours, visit Leshan Giant Buddha which is the World Heritage nominated by UNESCO. Take a boat cruise on the river and have a full view of the big Buddha. Drive back to Chengdu city after tour.
Day 8 Depart Chengdu
Morning visit the culture relic Wuhou Temple in memory of the famous minister Zhugeliang in Three Kingdoms. Then, continue tour to Jinli Street where you can see all kinds of tea houses, shops and stalls selling souvenirs, foods, etc. After lunch, drive to the airport and fly to your next destination.
* Hotel Accommodation: All accommodations, based on double-occupancy and including breakfast, service charge, and government tax
* Entrance Fees: All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary.
* Meals: All meals as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water
* Private Transfers: Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing, by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above). And in-transport refreshments
* Guide: Professional English speaking guide service or other specified language at extra costs
* Domestic flights& related taxes: flights from Xi'an to Lhasa; Lhasa to Chengdu